Recess is a time for students to play with friends and be physically active. We encourage students to play with their friends and include others to join them. Students are to be inclusive in their play, excluding others is not an accepted practice at our school.
Students are reminded they must stay in the supervised areas of the school yard during recess. Access to the inside of the building during recess is only with the permission of a supervising teacher/staff.
Please note, the use of baseball bats (of any make/composition) is not allowed. The use of baseballs or “slow- or fast-pitch” softballs is also not allowed.
Playscape/Jungle Gym Rules
Slides are for going down…not up.
Wait for supervision before using the playscape.
Do not use the playscape when there is no supervision.
Treat each other with care and respect.
Students in grades 1-6 are not allowed in the Kindergarten Play Area.
Students in Grades 1-3 may use the Gr 1-6 Playscape during the morning recess. Students in Grades 4-6 may use the same playscape during the pm recess. Students from Grades 1-6 may use the playscape at lunch.
Outside Winter Rules
Snow throwing or kicking (including snowballs or ice) is not allowed on the school property at any time. Students must be properly dressed for playing in the snow (hat, coat, snowpants, gloves and boots). Due to new regulations in the TDSB and OPHEA, sliding down hills on the school property, during school time is not allowed.
Kindergarten students eat in their classroom. Students in portables eat their lunch in their portable. Students in rooms 5, 6, 11 and 12 also eat in their classroom. All other students eat at tables in the gym. Having lunch at school is a privilege and students are expected to follow the lunchroom rules:
- Students are to remain in their seats until they have finished their lunch.
- They will wait to be dismissed by a lunchroom supervisor or teacher
- Students are to place all recyclable materials in the appropriate recycling bins and then return any other food/materials to their lunch bag to be taken home at the end of the day.
- Students will place their lunchbag/box in their class lunch bins or on the hooks outside the gym then walk to the exit and wait for a lunch supervisor before going outside.
- Pupils should try to bring a litterless lunch so that there is nothing to throw out and everything will go home to be re-used.
- Students are to pick up their lunch boxes from the hooks outside the gym on their way to their classroom at 12:25 p.m.
- No child is allowed to leave the school at lunchtime without parent permission.
- Remember we have many students with allergies. Do not bring nuts or nut products to school.