Dear Summit Heights Families,
Now is your opportunity to sign up for Spring Lunch Time Programs! Registration will be online. A link to the registration form can be found here. The deadline for online registration is TUESDAY, April 11, 2023 at 5pm.
Please send ONE CHEQUE PER STUDENT PER PROGRAM andinclude the day and program in the memo line(for example, “Tuesday Chess” or “Thursday FIMO”).
If you have difficulty with the online form, please contact the lunch program coordinators, Angel Tang & Andrea Page, at email@example.com
PLEASE READ THE INFORMATION BELOW ABOUT SUMMIT LUNCH PROGRAM POLICIES:
- SPOTS ARE NOT GUARANTEED. If interest exceeds program capacity, participants will be chosen by lottery. If you don’t get a spot, you will be given priority in the same program next term. If the same program is not offered again, you will be given priority in ONE program of your choice next term. Forms MUST be received by the deadline to participate in any lotteries or to receive priority next term. Your child’s participation in the requested programs will be confirmed with you by email on or around April 15, 2023.
- PROGRAMS RUN WEEKLY FOR SPECIFICED NUMBER OF WEEKS. Students must register for the full term. Fees cannot be pro-rated for field trips, family vacations or other absences. There are no make-up sessions, and refunds will not be given for missed sessions.
- REGISTRATION FEES: You must submit ONE CHEQUE PER CHILD PER PROGRAM payable to “Summit Heights School Council”. Cheques are due by Wednesday, April 12, 2023. Online payment is NOT available at this time. If you need financial assistance to participate, please speak to Mr. Mah or your child’s teacher by April 11, 2023. If your payment or a request for financial assistance is not received by the due date, your spot will be offered to any children on the wait list, and your registration may be cancelled.
- BEHAVIOUR POLICY: All programs require that students listen, behave respectfully, co-operate with instructors, follow rules, participate in activities and help to clean up. If there are behaviour concerns, parents will be contacted. If a parent has to be contacted more than twice, the student will not be allowed to continue in the program. NO REFUND will be given to a student removed from a program due to poor behaviour.
- REFUND POLICY: If a student is not happy in a program, a refund may be requested within two-days of having attended the first class. NO refunds will be given after this period.
- “FREE” LUNCH PROGRAMS: Summit teachers may offer some “free” teacher-run lunch programs or clubs in addition to the lunch programs coordinated by School Council. Details regarding these programs will be communicated directly by the teachers involved when they are available.
TUESDAYS (April 18 – June 6)
Threadcraft (Gr 1-3) $130
ThreadHeads is back with NEW projects!!! New and returning students are welcome! Threadcrafts is general fibre arts class for the younger kids. Materials and methods will encompass weaving, sewing, loom knitting, braiding, and knot tying. Each class focuses on having fun while making things.
Lego Engineering & Team Building Challenges (Gr 1-3) $150
In this one-of-a-kind engineering themed program, Students will work together each week to construct, design, build and customize a variety of LEGO Themed Creations, while
learning a new engineering skill to focus on each week! Students will also be put to the test,
as they compete in multiple engineering and team building games & challenges throughout the 8 week program. Activities include: The Egg Drop Challenge, Tin Foil – Marble Boat Challenge, Lego Building Games, Contests & Team Challenges, Roller Coasters + Sphero Robotic Games, and more!
Magic (Gr 1-4) $170
Each magician has a unique style, so whether your child wants to pull a rabbit out of a hat or invent a truly enigmatic card trick, sign up for one of our magic courses! Our astounding instructors teach students how to utilize both every day and special objects and their own confidence to amaze audiences. Students can develop their own magical persona as they work on basic performance skills, crowd work, concentration, thinking on their feet, and even hand-eye coordination, always being encouraged to innovate and think outside the box. No capes required.
WEDNESDAYS (April 19 – June 7)
Chess (Gr 1-8) $130
Chess and Math Association (CMA) is a Canada-wide, non-profit organization dedicated to bringing the game of chess into elementary schools. Studies have shown that playing chess improves children’s quality of life, mathematical skills and intelligence! Come learn to play!
Primary FIMO by Wanda’s Creative Clay! (Gr 1-3) $170
A long-time Summit family favourite! Your child will learn to turn FIMO clay into amazing creations designed by Wanda. Kids will improve their fine motor skills, work on patience and confidence, learn about colours and math and experience just old fashioned “having fun.”
THURSDAYS (April 20 – June 8)
Sewing (Gr 4-6) $130
Jessica from ThreadHeads is back with NEW projects for new and returning students! Kids will focus on hand sewing skills and learn to thread their needle, tie knots, and tstitch fabric together for both function and decoration. Projects will range from pin cushions and stuffies to embroidery samplers, repair patching and quilt panels.
Primary FIMO by Wanda’s Creative Clay! (Gr 1-3) $170
A second offering of Wanda’s popular FIMO program for grades 1-3. See Wednesday class description.
Advanced FIMO by Wanda’s Creative Clay! (Gr 4-8) $195
Wanda and her team are back with all of the tricks and tools to make FIMO clay come to life! This is a more advanced course for older students in which they will create a complex and truly awesome project!
Sphero Robotics & Coding || Games + Missions + CHALLENGES 2.0 (Gr 4-6) $150
This program introduces students to the fun and exciting world of robotics and coding! Throughout the program, students will be amazed as they explore how to program, code, customize, and control up to 6 different Sphero Robots while learning a variety of intermediate and advanced coding techniques along the way! Students will also be put to the test using the Lighting Lab APP as they compete in several SPHERO Robotics challenges, games & competitions! Examples include: The Ultimate Programmer, SPHERO Robot Soccer, The SUPER MAZE, Robot Bowling, SPHERO Golf, Terrain Parks with ramps & rails, Coding Obstacle Courses & MORE! Don’t miss out on all the FUN! Robots used throughout the program include Sprk+ Robots, Ollie Trick Robots, Dark-Side Trick Robots, Sphero INDI *NEW*, Sphero BOLT Robots, R2D2 Talking Robots & BONUS = BB-8 Robots.