Please familiarize yourself with the following rules for parking at or near the school. These rules are for the safety of all users of our parking lot particularly the students.
MAIN PARKING LOT
- The area by the fence at the south end of the parking lot beside the field is a DROP-OFF ZONE. From this spot you are only allowed to stop and direct your children to quickly exit the vehicle. You are not to get out of your vehicle to assist them or speak to friends and neighbours through your window. This is a quick in and out spot only.
- If your child/ren need(s) assistance you must park your vehicle in a designated parking spot and turn off your engine. It is advised and expected that you will escort your child/ren through the parking lot to ensure their safety.
- If you wish to speak to friends and neighbours please park your vehicle first and then have your conversation.
- If you feel more comfortable waiting until your child/ren have entered the building you must be in a legitimate long-time parking space.
- At pick up time the opposite procedure is in effect. You must not stop and wait in the drop-off zone for your child/ren to come out of the building. Please either park your car in a designated spot and wait for your child/ren or use Delhi Avenue. The drop-off zone is a drive thru area only.
ACCESSIBLE (aka Handicap) PARKING
The two parking spots adjacent to the fence beside the front lawn are designated for vehicles that display a handicap sticker. You may only use these spots if you are parking and exiting your vehicle. Even if you have a handicap sticker this is not the spot to stop and drop-off or pick up students. There is a designated drop-off zone for that purpose. These spaces are for Handicapped PARKING only.
Cars are permitted to park on the north side of Delhi Avenue for 30 minutes during the school day. There is no parking allowed on the south side of the street. Anyone parking on the south side of the street is in danger of being ticketed or towed by the city.
If you drop off your child from our Delhi Ave entrance (and are parking or stopping your car), please ensure you legally park/stop your vehicle in the same direction as the flow of traffic. Likewise, please ensure you do not park or stop in the intersection of Delhi and Northmount for the safety of students and parents crossing the street.
This is an excellent spot to drop off or pick up students who do not need to be escorted in and out of the building and use the back doors for entry and exit.
The circular drive is a SCHOOL BUS ZONE. This area is for the exclusive use of the school busses. Please do not use this area as a drop off or pick up zone at any time during the school day.
AT ANY TIME WHILE WAITING PLEASE TURN OFF YOUR VEHICLE ENGINE. WE MUST TAKE EVERY ACTION WE CAN TO CUT DOWN ON POLLUTION.